Sunday, January 25, 2009

we are a mess

The purpose of this post is to dispell any myths that we in any way shape or form have it all "together". Case in point. Below I have posted a picture of our home... It doesn't always look like this... in fact I often try to clean it. Actually if I don't clean daily it becomes like this. Because it is such a small space. And I have had trouble wanting to clean today. I would rather pay bills than clean. That's how tired of cleaning I am! But regardless, we are a bit of a mess :) If you can find Olaf in the mess, note that he is RIGHT next to both the couch and the table/desk/catch-all... within perfect range to get his slimy biscuit-encrusted fingers all over, even when strapped into his chair. Yes we are a mess. But we are a happy mess. Daddy is coming home tonight (hopefully), we are making progress on the house, and I can't help but smile at my son. Now I better clean off that gummy face full of wheat biscuits before I let him drink his lunchtime milk!



2 comments:

ann said...

A beautiful mess! Olaf is so cute. We haven't done teething biscuits yet but now I'm totally tempted. I think I'll go to the store tomorrow...

brooke said...

uummm....basically the cutest guy EVER!!!! i just want to pinch those cheeks!!!

p.s....for teething the ladies always loved frozen waffles too...nice and cool on their gums and got soggy enough that they couldn't choke...just a tip!