We are now full-time residents of Plain, WA. Woohoo! What this means right now:
- Our cars are constantly dirty, since our land is a dustbowl from all the excavating we did this summer. Our son is also always dirty.
- Showers are taken elsewhere, including my folks house, Jaimi's house, or Cashmere on the weekends.
- I can only purchase 6 eggs at a time and half gallons of milk, since my fridge is about the size of those ones you put in your college dorm room.
- Olaf sleeps in the closet. And no he doesn't mind it, though Grandma Cathi seems to think we should find another place for him to sleep. Where? The shower?
- My commute went from 10 minutes to 60 minutes. Which is awesome for clearing the head, drinking coffee, singing aloud and praying in the morning, but awful in the afternoons when all I want to do is see my son NOW!
- No grass.
- No porch swing.
- No nice neighbors named Jacob and Whitney and soon to be baby girl.
- No TV or internet access. So don't expect these posts to come too often. Sorry.
- Lots of other things actually but I don't want to dwell on it, so I'm done!
Olaf is still growing like a weed. He has his first cold this week poor kiddo... lots of snot, coughing, and a scratchy voice that just breaks your heart, and some general fussiness. But I think he's on the upswing (I hope). I also have this cold and feel like I would like some sleep one of these days... I just can't deny my sick son milk in the middle of the night. We were doing so good before this - sleeping from 9:30 to 6:00 every night! We'll get back there though, so I'm not worried.