I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the day or not. Steve found out just last Thursday that he'd be leaving for work in Idaho on Monday, so I spent the weekend having a pity party for myself that he would miss my birthday (again) and a big party I have planned for tomorrow (Saturday). There were tears involved. Hosting a party by yourself is just not as much fun. Especially when you invited a ton of people. I really wanted to just cancel it. But I didn't. Anyway, I digress. Wasn't sure that I would enjoy my birthday.
But you know what, it was a very nice day! Here are some of the nice things that happened:
- The boys were in good moods when they woke up. We actually got out of the house by 6:45! 7 minutes earlier than usual!
- Olaf gave me a giant hug in the morning without prompting. Sigh.
- My projected 4 hour meeting only took 2!
- Got to have lunch with an old friend from camp who I have known since 1996 (officially half my life... crazy)
- Steven sent me flowers at work :) (you like my work lists hanging up behind? I am MUCH more organized there than at home!)
- My coworkers bought me cupcakes. Yum. In red-neck land where I work there are no "Cupcake Royal"s or "Trophy Cupcakes" like in Seattle, so we stuck to the good old Albertson's bakery. And they were delicious, at 1/4 of the price I am sure.
- Home-made pizza with my boys, my folks, and Steve's dad over for supper.
- Got a walking foot for my sewing machine and more bobbins! Thanks mom!
- Got a new cast iron skillet. Thanks Mark!
- Got my drip irrigation system installed. Thanks Hubby!
- (Since when do all the presents I desire have to do with cooking, sewing, or gardening? Who am I?)
- Got kidnapped by two of my best friends, Jaimi and Christie, for an evening hike to the cliffs/osprey nest, and enjoyed a glass (paper cup) of red wine.
All in all... a lovely day. Thanks to all who made me feel special!