Monday, January 2, 2012

Ringing in 2012

We had a great time hosting family and friends this weekend for new years. We decided to light up our bonfire on new years eve this year, and invited whoever wanted I come for a good ol' country party with beer, plaid and bonfire. Missing were target shooting with the 12-gauge and the smell of a two-stroke engine.... Ah maybe next year for that :)

No fire department this year either (I was glad about that!), just a lot of good conversation and a bit of sledding, meeting neighbors who walked over, champagne, and accidentally getting diesel all over my mittens when throwing dry wood on the fire when it was being started. Oh and someone driving into the ditch in front of our house (roads were SUPER icy) and needing our (read: every male at the party's) help getting pulled out. (You know, because it is in all men's nature to want to be involved in these things: starting fires, and cars stuck in ditches. I am not kidding about that.) anyway, they got unstuck eventually.

Olaf stayed up until 9:30 when he asked to go to bed. I know, dreamy right? Most folks stayed until about 11:00 then headed out. There was lots of fresh snow to be had in the mountains and no one wanted to sleep too late in the morning :). The hardcore stayed up till midnight though!

Cutie pie cousins had a great time together too.







I am looking forward to seeing what 2012 will hold -- hopefully more time with family and friends :). And country style parties. And a few kick-a** weddings for dear friends. And a sweet rafting trip. And watching my boys grow up. And visiting Montana. And maybe some more deliciously cute babies from family and friends???? (no not me people, sorry). I can always use more cheekies to snuggle up to.

Cheers to a new year full of God's goodness in our lives!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone. That's right, I am totally technologically hip and with it.

No comments: