Saturday, December 15, 2012

a genuine prayer

There are so many things going on in my life sometimes I forget to thank God for the plain and simple things.  Children seem to see the world a simpler way without any filters or judgements.  I love that about their hearts.    

Last week Olaf said his first prayer before dinner.  He has never volunteered to do this before, and I have never pressured him to, so I was thankful to see he was ready to pray out loud and share his heart.

Olaf's words:

Dear God, thank you for the food, and, and, and thank you for love, and, and, thank you for mommy's and daddy's. Amen.

My prayer today:
Dear God, I thank you for those same things, and for the big hearts in tiny bodies that I get to help shape and form daily.  What a responsibility...  Please give me the wisdom I need to do that!
Amen.


No comments: