Wednesday, September 26, 2018

MRI

Had an MRI today!  Well it was certainly a new experience, one that I'll not likely ever really enjoy having.  I'm not super claustrophobic, and I'm not afraid of loud noises, but it's certainly not comfortable to lay on your stomach with your whole chest supported only by your sternum for a half hour, while listening to what sounds (to me) like the warning signals if a nuclear invasion is about to happen, or your space shuttle is trying to lock down, and you need to run as fast as you can before they seal off the entry doors.... or something loud like that :)  Lucky me I also got a needle and IV which I hear will be a very common occurrence in the next several months.  Apparently I have great veins... ;)   

I decided I wanted to start photographic this whole weird and unexpected journey so I can remember it someday down the road. 



A lovely room in which to duck into a dressing room and gussy yourself up into sweet sweats and a hospital gown.

DANG I told you I was high fashion.  That gown tho... On point with this sweatpant and cowboy boots thing too.
Feeling strong as hell after the 6th appointment with many to come.

Tomorrow is oncology and surgery appointments to hopefully determine "THE PLAN".  Prayers always appreciated!  

I am only two weeks in and already tired of the process.  I am hopeful that I will be able to slow down work a bit once I am in full treatment, and luckily work for a very supportive firm that will try their darndest to force me to slow down.  It's just weird you know?  I am used to be 100% self sufficient.  If I say I am going to do something, I do it.  If I take on a job, I complete it fully.  I am struggling knowing that I will be leaving some things for other people to have to step in and take over, on top of their already insanely busy schedules... sigh.  That's called support I guess.  Not taking it is usually one of my best traits, so I guess God must have something to teach me!

2 comments:

Chris Mahoney said...

Well I don't know about you, but I think the sweats are way too tight...but I'm diggin' the boots! And that gown - way cool - I love how it brings out your eyes! To say that you have your finger on the pulse of, well, everything, is an understatement. Keep those positive thoughts coming! And don't be alarmed, your Chi family will bombard you with sarcasm (we're the best, you know), breast humor, and so much love and prayers you'll be screaming for us to stop.

That being said, let your 100% self-sufficient self learn to take advantage of help that is offered gracefully. One of the hardest things I've had to learn in my lifetime (whoa, that's a loooong time) is to ask for help.

I love you kiddo. You come from great stock and are a bad-ass mama who is going to kick cancer's arse!! ♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥ ☼ ♥

simply sue said...

And the Awesomeness of Jenn shines through!!! Love you girl ;-]