Friday, October 5, 2018

"The Plan"

Last Wednesday was an emotionally hard day/appointment with my oncologist and surgeon.  Several folks suggested to me that once I had a plan in place I may feel much better, because we were working towards solving the problem!  And I really thought I would too.  But in all honesty, once we discussed my next steps...  I got really overwhelmed.  Like really overwhelmed.  I think that prior to, I had been sort of moving along as though it was all a bad dream of sorts, and maybe I wouldn't have to make a plan after all, and then all the sudden with a plan, everything just got real.  Aside from work, Steve at fire academy, and three kids, this whole cancer is the icing on the anxiety cake.  Sometimes I just have this emotion sitting on top of my chest, like I can physically feel it, and sometimes it just comes out in the form of sobs.  I am thankful for the shoulders to cry on in the past week.  AND I have been gaining some perspective from so many angles of being thankful, rejoicing in trials, and realizing that even though I feel guilty for receiving help when other folks have even harder trials, my God cares about this too.

Waiting.  Lots of waiting.  

Anyway, here's the plan at this point.  We are working through a few questions, insurance issues, scans, and such but think this is how it will go:
  • October 19th (two weeks from today): Bilateral mastectomy and right side axillary dissection.  2-4 weeks of recovery time including PT.
  • November(ish): Likely start of chemotherapy.  (99% chance anyway).  Likely 5 months or so, depending on the particular drugs recommended by my team?
  • Next spring: Radiation on my right side in the axilla area where the lymph nodes used to be.
  • Followed by: Maybe reconstruction? I don't know. I can't think that far in advance right now.  But I meet with a plastic surgeon next week to at least discuss my options.
  • Followed by: Hormone therapy.  A positive aspect of my cancer being positive for estrogen and progesterone receptors is that doctors have figured out how to control hormones a bit, which can reduce the likelihood of my hormones feeding anything nasty in the future.  Of course it sounds like they come with a whole host of stupid side effects too...   so I'll be researching that in the coming months as well.

I know so many of you want to help out - THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.  Jaimi and Steve and I are going to sit down this weekend to hopefully map out what type of help I/we need.  Honestly, I don't even know what I need, having never been in this situation of really needing help before.  But we'll get the word out through Jaimi and Jenny and Molly and whoever else once I know.  I am blessed by all you taking the time to read this, pray for our family, and provide your emotional support already.

Oh, and I forgot to say - MRI didn't show anything nasty in areas they didn't already know about, yay! I think I still get a CAT or a PET scan to double check but so far it looks like it hasn't spread further.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Everyone at Confluence Health are supper friendly. If that's where you are going. The nurse navigators are very helpful. Tena and I are going through the same thing. I pray your surgery is not as invasive as hers. We are praying for you every day. God has gave us the strength to get through the baddest of days.

Kathy Gibbs said...

So glad to hear that it hasn’t spread!!! The first positive news and on To number two!!! Sending love and prayers for healing!

sarah gomez said...



I never believe in spell caster until I met Dr. Aziza and He save my life.

Wow!!! I can't believe this, Dr Aziza save my life, Dr Aziza is a wonderful man, is like a dream but is real, Dr Aziza Brought back my lost husband after five years that not all, the most surprise thing of it is that he also cured me from

Lungs cancer that was in my body for over five years. call Dr Aziza today if you need any help +234706498892 is also on whats-app
Sarah Gomez, live in Canada, I want to share my testimony of the great work of Dr Aziza 5 years ago I was diagnose with lungs cancer , because of that my husband leaved the house and marry another woman, he left me and our two kids in suffering, I was frustrated in life, no body to help me, I was suffering with my children and my lungs cancer was still eating me up for 5 good years, no body care about me, until one day I goAziza past work, so I copy the email and message him, the email below: drazizaspellhome@gmail.com, I contacted him and tell him my problems, and at that point my problem was in two type, about my lost husband and lungs cancer, I told him everything, and he promise to help me but I will need to present some items, I was thinking am going to be scam, he told me he is not after my money, so I give a try and I send him the materials, I present two types of items to solve the two problems, I was waiting for result, after three days Dr Aziza called me and told me to go and check back in hospital about the Lungs cancer, when I get to the hospital, the test was carried out, and the result came out as NEGATIVE, oh no, oh no, I can't forget the great work of Dr.Aziza, he cured my Lungs cancer after 5 years was so happy and I think that's the end, the following morning someone was on my door knocking when I opened the door, I saw my lost husband crying and begging me to forgive him, wow, it was like a dream, am so happy, I can never forget the great work of Dr Aziza, am going to serve you till the end of my life...
if you want your problems to be solve you can also contact Dr Aziza via email drazizaspellhome@gmail.com you can also mail or whatsapp me for more information sarahgomez266@gmail.com +14378000562

Becky Lynch said...

I can’t believe this is really true I never believe there is cure to this hsv 2 because all the hospital have told me there is no cure to it, few months ago I saw this man email DR.Ohunyom on internet from a testimony share by someone who he help with his herbal cure I contact his email and ask for his help also, that is how he inform me about the cure process and this man sent me a herbal medicine which I took according to the way he instructed for 2 week I can’t believe when I go for test my result come out negative i am so happy to share this to the world there is real cure to herpes you can also contact DR.Ohunyom through his email now drohunyom@gmail.com and also WhatsApp him +2349060579973 and He also have herbs medicine to cured the following diseases;
Diabetes, Lupus, HPV, Gout, Hepatitis A,B, Infertility, HIV/AIDS, CANCER