Saturday, November 29, 2008

Black Friday...

I have never been shopping on "Black Friday" before, so my mom and I decided to head into the big city of Wenatchee with Olaf yesterday morning to try to score some deals. I was anticipating a crazy madhouse of people being rude and rushing to get the last Tickle Me Elmo or whatever it is this year. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find organized lines, lots of the products I wanted still on the shelves, and nice people! How could this be?! Well for one we avoided Walmart, which I hear is the craziest of all stores. Two, we didn't get there until about 8am (even though I got up at 5:30 like usual...). So apparently we missed the long lines and the rushing. And three, we went prepared with a list of what we wanted from the sale ads so we had a "plan" in place.

I finally understand why people like shopping the day after Thanksgiving - there are some INCREDIBLE deals! Carters childrenswear for 60% off? (Less than an outlet price). Electronics at 60% off? Flannel at $1.47 a yard? I know. Seriously Good deals all around. I didn't spend much, but sure got a lot of goodies. Not to mention the deals I can't mention because the recipients may actually read this blog.

Anyway, I just had a really fun time with Mom and Olaf (who was a champ by the way! aside from his blowout at JCPenny's). I know it's easy to get caught up in the mayhem and "consumerism" that sometimes surrounds the holidays... but I more feel like we just had a fun day picking out some simple gifts for people we love. Thanks for coming with me Mom!

kisses...

So to continue my fun day -- We got home at 2:00pm ish and Steven had our bikes all ready to go. The two of us packed up Olaf in the Chariot and went for a nice ride in the semi-freezing hail/rain/snow/sleet weird weather mixture. It was just nice to get outside and exercise in the crisp air while warming up our bodies. Oly slept most of the ride - he was so bundled all you could really see was his little face poking through. Lucky duck :)

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving holiday full of family, friends, laughter and too much food. I know we did!
we still love you seahawks!

Reminiscent of Thanksgivings past... I had to sit next to the guy eating off the bone :)

1 comment:

Mark said...

Hi Jenn and Fam...looks like you're all doing well! And that adorable little man is growing so fast. Can't wait to see him soon. Love, Cass