Thursday, August 12, 2010

2 year olds...

So today at work I emailed a few of my friends at work, and telling them how Olaf was alternately ADORABLE and A PAIN IN THE BOOTY.  I mean, he is two after all, and parts of being 2, such as the defiance and taking 6 times as long to do anything, are just plain annoying.  But really what can you do.  Anyway, Emma emailed back this response, which I think is highly appropriate:

"I have a theory about this.  I think that throughout the history of time, 2 year olds have evolved to be ungodly cute.  They’re so tough to manage at that age that it is to their evolutionary advantage to be adorable."

Well said!  Any other mom's of 2 year olds out there agree?

3 comments:

Jenny Sorensen said...

here, here!! I'll drink to that! :) Seriously, we had a melt-down in Ikea yesterday (not a good place to have one of those) and I had to carry my lovely 2yold kicking and screaming all the way to the car. Have you ever noticed how far it is from the entrance of the Ikea to the family parking lot?! Geez! Of course, she is super cute. ;)

Ranelle said...

Not quite there yet myself...BUT I have been surprised that my 1 year old can already throw a pretty good temper tantrum! What!?! I thought they were supposed to stay nice compliant babies until they hit those terrible twos!

ann said...

What would I do if Danny didn't chase hitting me with a big old smooch? Soooo glad he's got those adorable grins and dimples!