Sunday, September 19, 2010

heard from upstairs

Olaf went downstairs to play while I was folding laundry upstairs.  He had his "CARS" cars (from the movie).  Here is the conversation/imaginative play that I heard as I came downstairs.  Cracks me up!

"Hi, what's your name?
I'm Lightming.
What's your name?
I'm Mater.
Oh.  You wanna play?  Lets race!
Oh. Okay.  Follow me!  Come on, let's go! Okay.
No you can't follow me. Okay.
No you can't follow me! Okay."

"You can't get your eyes shut, okay?
Okay.
You can't, okay, okay?
Okay.
I'm going to talk to you, okay Chick Hicks?
You wanna come with me?"

"Hey, there's the train coming!
Look out there's the train!  Okay?"

The train starts driving on the coffee table and I hear:
"Excuse me crane" as he moves the crane for the train,
"Excuse me chocolate milk" as he moves the milk,
"Excuse me cars, you can move for the train!"

It is just so fun to hear what his little imagination is doing.  His world is still so limited at this point - going to work (though he doesn't know what that is, he knows that's where mommy and daddy go), going to preschool, chasing eachother, etc.  And then what he has seen on the computer or TV - Cars, Madagascar, Dora the Explorer.  I think it's awesome to be able to listen to what he is thinking as he learns more about the world around him.  Anyway.  I took a short video of him playing cars on the coffee table, which is really where he spends at least a few hours a day.  Of course I didn't catch any of the really cute things he was saying, but this gives you an idea of what I get to watch and listen to!

No comments: