I didn't get around to using it until about 2 weeks after Christmas. My first project was a sleep sack for Forest. He's about to grow out of his small sized one, and I didn't want to spend $20 on a new size medium. Plus I really wanted to try it, because it looked easy.
I laid out the littler sleep sack, traced around it (but bigger) and cut out my fabric. Then I looked at original, studied it, and sort of deconstructed it, and wrote down the order of steps I'd need to sew it together. Then I stayed up working on it until 1:30 in the morning when I realized that Forest would be up in 3.5 hours.... oops. Guess I got carried away!
Here's my fabric all cut out!
My sewing station = the kitched table.
And here's the finished product, next to the original. One thing I missed when cutting - should have left the neck opening in front a little bigger. I'm planning to fix that before Forest uses it.
That's right, I installed a zipper on my first project. Booyah. (Just don't look too close).
I have since found many many inspiring sewing blogs, and as I create things I'll show the links where I got the ideas from! Up next: Faux chenille baby blanket for Jaimi. Actually it's already done. It was on my kitchen table for an entire month. That's how long it took me... Because I only had weekend naptimes to work on it, as well as my housework. Finally finished it with some help from Steve! But anyway, it will be next on the blog!